- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups dried bread stuffing or day-old bread cubes
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 ounces gruyère cheese, grated
- 4 ounces Jack cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup each chopped fresh chives and parsley
Whisk eggs, milk, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Mix cheeses and herbs in another bowl. Place half of bread stuffing in a large baking dish. Sprinkle with half of asparagus and half of cheese mixture. Cover with half of egg mixture. Repeat with remaining bread, asparagus, cheese mixture and egg mixture.
Cover and refrigerate for six hours or overnight.
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Bake for about 45 minutes or until brown and puffed.