- 8 eggs
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 8 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 pound breakfast or Italian sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups shredded cheese (cheddar, fontina or Gruyere work well)
- 1/2 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup thinly sliced mushrooms
Pinch each salt and pepper
Heat oven to 350°F.
Whisk together the eggs, melted butter and ricotta. Stir in remaining ingredients. Pour into a well-greased baking dish. Bake about 30 minutes, uncovered or until eggs are set and top is lightly browned.