Ancho Chili and Lime Marinade and Dressing
+ Add to Shopping List
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chopped lime zest
- 1 tablespoon orange juice concentrate (or brown sugar)
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ancho chile powder
- 1 teaspoon dried Mexican oregano, crushed between fingers
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup canola oil
In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients except oil.
Slowly add oil while whisking to emulsify.
Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
Use as a marinade for any seafood, meat or vegetable, and to baste during cooking. Makes a delicious dressing for green salads or in pasta salad. Other mild or medium chile powders may be used, such as New Mexico, California or guajillo. Just make sure to add a little chile at a time to test heat level. Each chile powder is different!
Recipe from Central Market Shoreline - Culinary Resource Center
Some products may not be available at all stores.