- Juice of 1 large lemon
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 pound haricots verts or green beans, trimmed and halved
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 small red onion, very thinly sliced
- 1 (15-ounce) can cannellini beans or other white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (11-ounce) package baby salad greens
Whisk together lemon juice, herbs, mustard, honey, olive oil and garlic in a mixing. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Have a large bowl of ice water ready.
Add haricots to boiling water. Cook until bright green and just crisp-tender (2-3 minutes for haricots, slightly longer for green beans). Drain and immediately submerge in ice water to cool. Drain well.
In a large salad bowl, gently toss together haricots, olives, tomatoes, onion, beans and greens. Add dressing and toss to coat. Serve immediately.