- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (or gluten-free blend)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups non-dairy milk beverage, divided
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (14-oz.) can sweetened condensed coconut milk
- 2-3 cups non-dairy whipped topping
Heat oven to 350°F.
In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
In a small bowl, combine 1 cup non-dairy milk, vinegar, oil, sugar and vanilla. Whisk until very mixed.
Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix well. Pour into a greased 9x9 baking dish and bake 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Cool for at least one hour. Poke holes every half-inch with a chopstick. In a bowl, combine the sweetened condensed coconut milk and remaining non-dairy milk. Pour over cake a little at a time, allowing it to soak in. Top cake with non-dairy whipped topping. Chill well before serving.
Serve with fresh berries, shaved chocolate or coconut.