- 1 Central Market pizza dough ball (or 1 1/2 pounds raw pizza dough)
- 3/4 cup loosely packed brown sugar
- 1 rounded tablespoon apple pie spice (available in our Bulk Foods)
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 medium apples, peeled and grated (large holes of box grater)
On a lightly floured surface, roll dough out to a rectangle about 18 x 10 inches (corners do not need to be square). If dough resists rolling, let it rest at room temperature for about 10 minutes. Stir together brown sugar and apple pie spice. Add melted butter and apple and stir to combine.
Turn dough so long side is closest to you. Spread filling over dough all the way to the edges. Roll dough away from you, gently but as tight as possible. Cut roll crosswise into 8 pieces for large rolls, 16 for smaller rolls.* Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or foil sprayed with non-stick baking spray. Place rolls cut side up with about 1/2-inch space between. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and let sit in a warm spot for 15-20 minutes or until rolls are almost touching. Remove plastic wrap. Bake at 425°F for 25-35 minutes (less time for small rolls, more for large) or until lightly browned and cooked through. Remove from oven and let sit 10 minutes before serving.
* Tip: To cut rolls without crushing, take a long piece of dental floss and loop crosswise around dough. Tighten the loop to slice through dough.