- 4 ripe Roma tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano, divided
- 1/4 pound feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice, divided
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 pounds large prawns, peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a mixing bowl, combine tomatoes, 1 tablespoon oregano, feta, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, vinegar and garlic. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
In a separate bowl, combine prawns with olive oil and remaining oregano and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. Lightly coat a large, non-stick sauté pan with olive oil and heat over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and marinade and cook until prawns are pink and opaque, about 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat and toss with salsa. Serve warm or chilled.