- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
Preheat oven to 425°F.
In a large bowl, mix oil, lemon juice and zest, salt, pepper flakes and parsley.
Add cauliflower and toss to coat.
Add breadcrumbs and Parmesan and toss again.
Place cauliflower and any liquid in a large, shallow baking dish.
Roast for about 20 minutes, until golden brown.
For extra flavor, try these additions: replace salt with 4 mashed anchovy fillets; add 2 finely minced garlic cloves; replace salt with 2 tablespoons capers; replace lemon juice and zest with 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar; omit Parmesan and add 1 tablespoon curry powder; add chopped hazelnuts or pecans;replace Parmesan with feta; rplace parsley with basil and add 1 cup seeded and chopped tomatoes, or 1 (14 ounce) can diced or stewed tomatoes