- 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce (Asian Foods)
- 2 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh-squeezed orange juice
- Zest of one orange
- 8 large sea scallops
- Vegetable oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Toasted sesame seeds for garnish
- Fresh cilantro leaves for garnish
Combine first six ingredients and set aside.
Pat scallops dry with paper towels. Heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add enough oil to just coat the pan.
Lightly drizzle scallops with oil and season with salt and pepper.
When oil in pan is hot, add scallops. Cook without disturbing for about 2-3 minutes, or until nicely browned on one side, then turn. When scallops are browned on the second side and are very close to done, add sauce to pan. Boil sauce for about 5-10 seconds, just until it starts to thicken.
Remove from heat and turn scallops to coat. Serve scallops and sauce hot over steamed rice, garnished generously with sesame seeds and cilantro.