- 6 cups peeled, seeded and chunked fresh summer melon
- 2 cups chunked English or Persian cucumber
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Za’atar
- 2 tablespoons honey (to drizzle at serving)
- 1 cup fresh watercress leaves (optional)
- 1 tablespoon dry thyme leaves
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon sumac
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Aleppo chili
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
To make salad, combine melon, cucumber and onion in a large mixing bowl. Toss with fresh lemon juice and set aside. To make dressing, mix together yogurt and Za’atar (also available in our Bulk spices) in a smaller bowl.
To serve, spoon and spread spiced yogurt onto each plate or platter. Top with the melon, cucumber, and onion salad mixture.
Drizzle with honey and top with a sprinkling of the fresh spicy watercress leaves.
If watercress is unavailable try upland cress, baby arugula or daikon sprouts.