- 1 1/2 cups cooked and cooled brown or green lentils*
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon harissa powder (Bulk Foods), or your favorite chili powder blend
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 2 large eggs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Oil for frying
Combine all ingredients in the work bowl of a food processor. Process until well blended, but still slightly chunky. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Let sit for 10-15 minutes.
Form into four patties. Heat a lightly oiled non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Fry patties (in batches if necessary) until browned and crisp on the outside and just cooked through.
Serve hot with your favorite burger buns and toppings.
* About 1/2--2/3 cup dried lentils, rinsed and cooked in salted boiling water for 20-30 minutes or until tender, and drained.