- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1/4 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (5-oz.) package baby spinach
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Garlic salt
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Hot sauce (optional)
Heat a large skillet to medium high and add olive oil. Add ground beef. Stir frequently, breaking up the meat as it cooks, until nicely browned. Add onion. When onion is just translucent, add garlic and mushrooms. Sauté 2-3 minutes. Season to taste with salt, pepper and garlic salt.
Add spinach and stir until wilted. Drain excess oil from pan if necessary and add eggs. Allow eggs to set slightly before stirring, then stir gently a few times to break up the eggs.
When eggs are almost set, gently stir in Parmesan. Adjust seasoning to taste and serve with hot sauce.