- 1 pound large shrimp or prawns (16/20s peeled and deveined)
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 cups chopped crunchy lettuce (romaine or iceberg)
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 avocado, quartered and thinly sliced
- Optional garnishes include crispy tortilla strips, fresh corn off the cob, cucumber slices, radish slices, grilled red onion
Place shrimp into resealable bag or bowl. Combine the next eight ingredients in a bowl and season with salt and pepper to taste. Pour half of mixture over shrimp, reserving the rest for the dressing.
Marinate shrimp for 30 minutes. Preheat grill to medium high. Grill shrimp until they have browned and are cooked through, about 3-4 minutes per side.
Serve atop chopped lettuce with tomatoes, sliced avocado and reserved dressing.
To make grilling and flipping shrimp easier, use a grill tray or pre-soaked skewers.