- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1-1 1/2 pounds thin-sliced chicken breast (or boneless, skinless chicken breasts pounded to 1/2-inch thickness)
- 2-3 whole green chiles (such as Anaheim, Poblano or Hatch)
- 1 (5-ounce) package goat cheese, room temperature
- 4 rustic sandwich rolls, toasted on the grill
In a medium bowl, whisk together the oil, wine, lemon juice and zest, honey, garlic, salt and freshly ground pepper. Transfer to a zip-top bag, along with the chicken. Refrigerate for at least one hour, or overnight.
Heat grill to medium high. Brush peppers lightly with oil. (To reduce the heat of the peppers, cut off the stem and remove the seeds.) Grill peppers and chicken breasts until peppers are nicely charred and chicken is cooked through. Slice peppers. Spread goat cheese over both sides of the rolls and fill with chicken and peppers. Serve hot.