- 1 pound mixed seafood (large shrimp, mussels, scallops, firm fish cut into 1-inch cubes, calamari)
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 3/4 pound dried chorizo sausage, sliced
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups paella rice (or substitute long-grain white rice)
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted red peppers
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed saffron threads
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 cup frozen peas, heated
Heat oven to 400°F. Lightly coat 9x13-inch baking pan or paella pan with olive oil.
In a mixing bowl, drizzle seafood with olive oil. Add paprika; season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat and set aside.
Drizzle oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions, season with salt and pepper, and cook until they just start to brown. Add chorizo and garlic. When sausage is brown, add rice and sauté 1 minute, stirring constantly. Transfer rice and sausage to baking dish and return skillet to heat.
Add tomatoes, peppers, broth and saffron to skillet; season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, scraping browned bits from bottom of pan. Stir in parsley. Carefully pour broth mixture into the baking dish; cover with foil and bake 15 minutes.
Remove foil and spread seafood over rice. Bake uncovered 15 minutes or until rice and seafood are cooked through. Remove from oven.
Top with peas just before serving.