- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 lb. bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 2 lb. daikon radish, peeled, chopped into one-inch cubes
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 ounce dried shiitake mushrooms, chopped
- 6 scallions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons white peppercorns
- Salt and ground white pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 3 scallions, finely chopped
- 8 ounces cooked crab meat (optional)
Heat heavy-bottomed pot on medium heat.
Drizzle chicken thighs with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Add chicken to pan skin-side down and cook until skin is golden brown.
Add garlic, ginger, radish, chicken broth, soy sauce, mushrooms, scallions and white peppercorns. Bring to boil and reduce to a simmer. Cook slowly for 1-1 1/2 hours, until chicken is cooked through and falling apart. Remove chicken bones. Season to taste with more salt and white pepper.
Garnish with cilantro, scallions and crab meat.