- 6-8 ounces rice stick noodles
- Peanut oil (or other high-heat oil)
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 medium red chili peppers, diced
- 1 Anaheim pepper, diced
- 3 cups mung bean sprouts
- 1/2 pound Chinese barbecue pork, diced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1/2 pound medium shrimp
- 2-3 eggs, beaten and scrambled in a separate pan
- Sliced green onions and cilantro for garnish (optional)
Cover noodles with boiling water In a large, heat-proof bowl and let sit for two minutes. Drain and set aside. Heat a large sauté pan or wok over high heat. Add oil to coat pan. Add onion, garlic and ginger. Stir fry until garlic is fragrant, 20-30 seconds. Add green onions, chili peppers, bean sprouts and barbecue pork. Stir fry another 20-30 seconds.
Add curry powder, shrimp and scrambled eggs. Stir until shrimp are almost done. Add noodles and toss to combine. Continue cooking until shrimp are cooked through.
Season to taste with salt. Garnish with green onions and cilantro (optional) and serve hot.