- 2 pounds ground beef, turkey or Italian sausage or any combination
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 (24-oz.) jars of your favorite pasta sauce
- 1 box no-boil lasagna sheets
- 1 (32-oz.) tub ricotta cheese
- 1 pound shredded mozzarella or Italian-blend cheese, divided
- 1/4 pound grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 bunch Italian parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian herbs
- Garlic salt
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a large sauté pan, brown meat in vegetable oil. Add onions and cook until onions are tender. Season to taste with salt, pepper and garlic salt. Drain fat, remove from heat and set aside.
In a large bowl, mix ricotta, half the shredded cheese, Parmesan, eggs, parsley, Italian herbs and a pinch each of salt, pepper and garlic salt.
Spread 1/2 cup sauce on the bottom of a greased 9x13 baking dish. Top with 4 pasta sheets, half of the ricotta mixture, half of the meat mixture and 1 cup sauce. Repeat once, then top last layer of lasagna with 4 pasta sheets and 1 1/2 cups sauce.
Cover with non-stick or lightly oiled foil and bake for about an hour or until bubbly in the center. Top with remaining cheese and bake uncovered until cheese is nicely browned. Let lasagna rest at least 20 minutes before serving.