- 2 pounds ripe red tomatoes, cut into chunks
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 pound cooked crab or shrimp meat
- 2 ears corn, kernels cut from cob
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise, plain yogurt or sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped chives to garnish
To make soup, place tomatoes, lemon juice and oil in a blender and blend until smooth.
Strain mixture and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Pour into 4 chilled soup bowls.
Mix crab or shrimp, corn, lemon juice, olive oil and salt and pepper together.
Top each bowl with salad.
Place a dollop of mayonnaise, yogurt or sour cream on top, sprinkle with chives and serve.