- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 5 tablespoons of your favorite hot sauce
- 1/2-3/4 pound small shrimp or rock shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 large, pre-made pizza crust or 1 package frozen or canned pizza dough, rolled out
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 stalks celery, diced and chilled
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped flat-leaf parsley
Preheat oven to 450°F (or follow package directions for pizza crust).
Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add onions and garlic. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until onion is translucent. Whisk in flour, then hot sauce.
Simmer for 1 minute.
Pour sauce over shrimp and toss to coat. Spread shrimp and sauce over pizza crust. Toss cheeses together and sprinkle over top of pizza.
Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until shrimp are cooked through and cheese is melted.
Top with celery and parsley. Serve immediately.