- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 2 1/2 pounds beef brisket, cubed
- 2 jalapeño peppers, minced
- 1 large yellow onion, medium dice
- 1 red bell pepper, medium dice
- 1 green bell pepper, medium dice
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh garlic
- 3 tablespoons minced chipotle pepper
- 2 (15-oz.) cans whole tomatoes
- 1 (6-oz.) can tomato paste
- 1 (12-oz.) can domestic lager beer
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 (15-oz.) can pinto beans
- 1 (15-oz.) can black beans
- Salt and pepper to taste
Heat large soup pot over medium heat.
Add avocado oil. Add beef brisket cubes and brown all sides. Remove.
Add jalapeños, onion, red and green bell peppers and sauté for 5 minutes. Add garlic and sauté for an additional 5 minutes.
Add the browned beef, chipotle peppers, whole tomatoes, tomato paste, lager beer, cumin and chili powder and simmer on low heat for 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
Add pinto and black beans and simmer for 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.