- 1 (24 inch) soft, crusty baguette
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 pound pork pâté (or liverwurst)
- 1 fresh jalapeño, seeds and ribs removed, very thinly sliced
- 1/2 sweet onion, thinly sliced into rings
- 3/4 cup packed cilantro
- 2 cups cooked rotisserie chicken breast, shredded
- 1 cup shredded raw carrot
- 1/2 pound pickled daikon radish, thinly sliced
- Green lettuce leaves, torn
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise, or to taste
- Sriracha hot sauce to serve
Cut off and discard round ends of baguette. Cut in half lengthwise, leaving one side intact like a hinge.
Mix together oil, fish sauce, soy sauce, lime juice and vinegar. Pour half of mixture over bottom slice.
Spread pâté on bottom slice of bread and top with jalapeño, onion and cilantro.
Arrange chicken, carrot, radish and lettuce on top.
Spread top layer of bread liberally with mayonnaise and cut sandwich in half.
Drizzle with reserved sauce and serve with extra mayonnaise, if desired, and hot sauce.