- 1 medium zucchini, quartered lengthwise
- 1 medium yellow squash, quartered lengthwise
- 1 large Portobello mushroom, stem removed
- 1 medium red onion, sliced crosswise into 1/2-inch pieces (keep rings together for easier grilling)
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, mashed or pressed
- 3/4 cup olive oil, plus extra for grilling
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh herbs (parsley, thyme, rosemary, tarragon, chervil, chives)
- 1/2 cup roasted tomatoes (Antipasto Bar), drained, minced
- 1 pound pasta (penne, bowtie, elbows), cooked al dente
- 8 ounces shredded smoked mozzarella (about 2 cups)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Brush vegetables with oil and season with salt and pepper.
Grill until nicely marked and just cooked through.
When cool enough to handle, dice into bite-sized pieces.
Meanwhile, whisk together vinegar, mustard and garlic.
While continuing to whisk, drizzle in olive oil.
Stir in herbs and tomatoes.
Season to taste with salt and pepper.
In a large bowl, toss grilled vegetables, pasta and mozzarella.
Pour dressing over and toss to coat evenly.
Adjust seasoning and serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Salad can be prepared one day ahead.