- 6 slices of bacon, chopped
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, diced
- 1 (10-ounce) can or 1 1/4 cups red enchilada sauce
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 3 (15-ounce) cans beans, drained (pinto, kidney, black or a combination)
Heat oven to 350°F.
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook bacon until crisp.
Add onions to the pan and stir until onion is slightly browned. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant, about one minute. Stir in green pepper, enchilada sauce, tomato paste, sugar, mustard and beans.
Transfer to ovenproof dish and bake about 30 minutes or until flavors blend and beans are hot and bubbly.