- 1 pound cooked shrimp
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- Juice of 1 large lemon, divided
- 1 large stalk celery, finely diced
- 1 small shallot, finely diced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 small head butter lettuce, torn by hand
- Olive oil
- 2 large, ripe avocados, halved, sliced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Combine shrimp, mayonnaise, vinegar, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, celery, shallot and dill. Stir together and season to taste with salt and pepper.
In a separate bowl, lightly dress lettuce with remaining lemon juice and a tablespoon or two of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
Divide lettuce between 4 chilled plates. Fan one sliced avocado half across each salad and top with shrimp.