- 3/4 pound thick-cut bacon, diced
- 1 large sweet onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons apple-cider vinegar
- 2-3 generous tablespoons apricot or peach preserves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Use a slotted spoon to remove bacon from pan and drain on paper towels.
Add onions to pan and season with salt and pepper. Sauté over medium to low heat, stirring frequently, for about 20-25 minutes. When onions are golden and very tender, add the vinegar, scraping up any browned bits on the bottom of the pan. Add bacon and preserves and stir together.
Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Serve on burgers, grilled cheese sandwiches or crusty bread.