- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup Port wine
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 cup dried tart cherries
- 1 (12 ounce) bag fresh cranberries
- 2/3 cup walnuts, chopped and toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
Combine sugar, water, wine and allspice in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil.
Add cherries and cook for 1 minute.
Stir in cranberries and return to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes or until cranberries pop.
Remove from heat.
Stir in walnuts, orange zest and almond extract.
Cover and chill until ready to serve.