5:30 am-8 pm Monday-Saturday
7 am-8 pm Sunday
Central Café isn’t known just for serving Equal Exchange fairly traded organic coffee and tea, or its great service – it’s also a breakfast destination.
The place is known for its tasty rendition of that stalwart southern tradition known as “Biscuits and Gravy.” The sausage gravy (more than 25 gallons a week!) is made at the store, using sausage that has been ground and seasoned in our Meat Market.
There is seating for a couple dozen people in Central Café, along with a toaster oven and microwave. So even if you’re not in the mood for biscuits and gravy, you can sit down to a meal of hot, fresh oatmeal, or a couple of varieties of breakfast bagels.
We serve fairly traded Equal Exchange coffees and teas, and all organic milk – with your choice of dairy, soy, almond, coconut or rice milk. Self-serve drip coffee is available in four sizes.
Central Café also offers pastries, muffins and cookies, and even beverage-related housewares like water bottles, mugs and commuter cups.
The café composts nearly 100 percent of its waste – they’re working on replacing a few more items with compostable alternatives so they can reach their goal of 100 percent.
Biscuits & Gravy
(Served until 11 am Monday-Friday, until 2 pm on Saturdays and Sundays)
- 1/2 Order: $3.29
- Full Order: $4.79
- 1/2 Order: $2.99 (w/ coffee $3.79)
- Full Order: $3.99 (w/ coffee $4.79)
Other Breakfast Options
- Bagels: $1.09
- Specialty Bagels: $1.69
- Home-style Oatmeal: 8 oz. $1.99, 16 oz. $3.49
These drinks are available in 8-, 12-, 16- and 20-ounce sizes:
- Latté or Cappuccino (espresso with your choice of milk)
- Mocha (espresso and chocolate sauce with your choice of milk)
- Americano (espresso with water)
- Espresso Macchiato (espresso shots marked with foam)
- Central Frost (our own frozen espresso drink)
- Hot Chocolate (your choice of milk with chocolate sauce)
- Steamer (steamed milk with your choice of flavor)
- Breve (espresso with steamed half & half)
- London Fog (brewed teach with steamed milk and a flavor)
- Chai Latte (made with Oregon Chai and milk)
- Organic Tea (hot or iced, your choice of Equal Exchange tea)
- Barista’s Choice (or own creations, perfect for the season)
- Good old-fashioned, fresh-brewed drip coffee (and the first refill is on the house)
- Coffee Service to Go (fresh-brewed coffee for groups)
Non-coffee drinks include Country Mills fresh, hot-spiced cider (seasonally), Fruit Smoothies, and Italian Cream Soda (sparkling club soda mixed with your choice of flavor and topped with whipped cream).
We offer 16-ounce Smoothies like Double Berry Blast, Tropical Tango, Goodness Greens and Cocoa Power. Or build a custom smoothie by selecting almond or coconut milk, dairy milk or orange juice and building on that with a yogurt, banana or avocado base. Choose from four boosters (protein, chia,, etc.) and then pick two of seven “additions” like berries or spinach, etc.