Monday-Friday: 9 am-9 pm
Saturday: 9 am-6 pm
Sunday: 10 am-6 pm
Refills: Call 360-779-5335 or use our online form
The pharmacists and staff at Kitsap Pharmacy fill about 400 prescriptions every day – each one comes with its own white bag, a friendly greeting and important information.
Prescription refills are taken on the phone, in person and online. The staff is happy to take special orders for both over-the-counter and prescription medicines.
The pharmacy opened in 1995 when the store opened and since that day, our pharmacists have been committed to the value of trust, and encourage people to ask whatever questions occur to them about their medications. After all, that’s why the pharmacists are there.
Kitsap Pharmacy accepts virtually all insurance policies – from Aetna to WellCare – as well as most Medicare Part D plans. Manufacturer and other co-pay discount cards are applied whenever possible and 90-day prescriptions are filled when allowable.
The pharmacy is closed only on major holidays – Dec. 25, Jan. 1, July 4, Thanksgiving, Labor Day and Memorial Day.
- Blood Testing ($35): A Lipid Profile blood test can be done right at the pharmacy – one droplet from a finger stick is all it takes for a report that lets you know your levels of fats in your blood – total cholesterol, HDL cholesterol (the so-called “good” cholesterol) and triglycerides. It calculates for LDL and non-HDL cholesterol (the “bad” cholesterols). The report comes with a pamphlet that explains what each measurement means. The testing is focused on helping people manage cholesterol levels and diabetes.
- Among the products offered at the pharmacy are bags for the disposal of old medication for less than $5.
- Tonya Laslo: The pharmacy manager is a 1986 graduate of North Kitsap High School. Originally from a military family, she settled on Bainbridge Island in 1999, and graduated from the University of Washington Pharmacy School in 2003.
- Dian Poyssick: Lead pharmacist. This Kingston resident graduated from Central Kitsap High School in 1978 and from the University of Washington School of Pharmacy. She managed the Kingston Albertson’s pharmacy for more than 19 years. With one daughter and six grandchildren, she spends her free time on the family’s wooden trawler. She has served on the Kitsap Community Resources board for 26 years.
- Tami Strunk
- Kristi Waller: Originally from Salem, Ore., she graduated from Oregon State University Pharmacy School and has been working at Kitsap Pharmacy since 2004.