Monday-Friday: 9 am-9 pm
Saturday: 9 am-6 pm
Sunday: 10 am-6 pm
Off hours: In cases of medical emergencies, we make every effort to locate one of our pharmacists to fill prescriptions. Tell a store employee and they’ll make a phone call.
Refills: Call 360-779-5335 or use our online form
The pharmacists and staff at Kitsap Pharmacy fill about 400 prescriptions every day – each one comes with its own white bag, a friendly greeting and important information.
Prescription refills are taken on the phone, in person and now, online. The longest wait time is 15 minutes. And the staff is happy to take special orders for both over-the-counter and prescription medicines.
The pharmacy opened in 1995 when the store opened, with pharmacist Steve Shaw, who still works there, as manager. Our pharmacists are committed to the value of trust, and encourage people to ask whatever questions occur to them about their medications. After all, that’s why the pharmacists are there.
Kitsap Pharmacy accepts virtually all insurance policies – from Aetna to WellCare – as well as most Medicare Part D plans. Manufacturer and other co-pay discount cards are applied whenever possible and 90-day prescriptions are filled when allowable.
- Blood Testing ($35): A Lipid Profile blood test can be done right at the pharmacy – one droplet from a finger stick is all it takes for a report that lets you know your levels of fats in your blood – total cholesterol, HDL cholesterol (the so-called “good” cholesterol) and triglycerides. It calculates for LDL and non-HDL cholesterol (the “bad” cholesterols). The report comes with a pamphlet that explains what each measurement means. The testing is focused on helping people manage cholesterol levels and diabetes.
- Among the products offered at the pharmacy are bags for the disposal of old medication for less than $5.
- Kristi Waller: Originally from Salem, Ore., she graduated from Oregon State University Pharmacy School and has been working at Kitsap Pharmacy since 2004.
- Steve Shaw: Originally from Longview, Wash, he has lived in Poulsbo since he was 12, and graduated from the University of Washington Pharmacy School.
- Tonya Vance: The newest member of the team is 1986 graduate of North Kitsap High School. Originally from a military family, she settled on Bainbridge Island in 1999, and graduated from the University of Washington Pharmacy School in 2003.