+ Add to Shopping List
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup minced shallots
- 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 pound chicken thighs, cubed
- 1 tablespoon Italian herb seasoning
- 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice (juice of about 2 oranges)
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili flakes
- Zest of 1 orange
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a medium skillet or heavy saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat. Sauté shallots and garlic until soft and translucent. In a medium bowl, toss chicken with herbs, coating evenly. In a large skillet, heat remaining olive oil and sauté chicken until nearly cooked, but still faintly pink. Set aside. Add orange juice, vinegar and red chili flakes to shallots and garlic. Cook over medium heat until reduced by half. Pour over chicken and sauté until chicken is fully cooked, about 5 more minutes. Turn off heat and add orange zest. Serve over rice or pappardelle pasta. Garnish with shredded Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Recipe from Central Market Poulsbo - Culinary Resource Center
Some products may not be available at all stores.