- 4 (6-8 ounce) firm-fleshed fish fillets
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 ripe avocado, mashed
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- Salt to taste
Place fish in a shallow dish. In a small bowl, combine oil, soy sauce, lemon juice and peel, garlic and parsley. Pour over fish.
Coat both sides and marinate up to 1 hour. In a small bowl, beat butter until soft. Mix in avocado, lemon juice, parsley and garlic. Season with salt to taste. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Drain fish, reserving marinade. Either broil in the oven or grill over hot fire, 10-12 minutes per inch, turning once and brushing often with marinade. Transfer fish to plates and top each steak with a dollop of avocado butter. Garnish with lemon wedges, if desired.