- 3-4 pounds bone-in chicken pieces (your favorite, cut breasts in half crosswise)
- Juice and zest of 2 large limes
- Juice and zest of 2 large oranges
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 large cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded, minced (for spicier chicken, leave seeds and ribs)
- Dash your favorite hot pepper sauce or to taste
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Place chicken in a large zip-top plastic bag.
In a bowl, whisk together lime juice and zest, orange juice and zest, oil, oregano, garlic, jalapeño and pepper sauce. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Pour marinade over chicken in bag and lay flat in a shallow dish. Refrigerate for at least 90 minutes or up to four hours, turning occasionally.
Heat grill to high, then lower heat on one side of grill by either pushing coals to one side (charcoal) or turning one side down (gas).
Remove chicken from marinade and grill on hot side of grill until nicely browned, then move to cooler side and close grill. Grill until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
Alternately, bake at 425˚F for 20-30 minutes.