- 1 rack pork ribs (back ribs or spare ribs)
- 1/2 cup prepared black bean sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili oil
- 1/4 cup sweet soy sauce
- 3/4 cup Chinese Shaoxing cooking wine (or substitute sherry)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3-4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
Heat oven to 325°F.
Lightly season ribs with salt and pepper. Place in a baking dish and cover with foil. Cover and bake for 2 1/2-3 hours* or until very tender. Meanwhile, combine remaining ingredients (except green onions and sesame seeds) in a saucepan and simmer over medium-low heat 30-40 minutes or until reduced and thickened enough to coat a spoon. When ribs are almost done, remove cover and glaze with black bean sauce. Baste with sauce every 10 minutes for the last 30-40 minutes of cooking, or until the sauce has thickened enough to coat the ribs. Can be served as is, or remove from pan and grill or broil until caramelized. Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds. Use remaining sauce on the side for dipping.
* Spare ribs may take up to 3 1/2-4 hours.