- 1 (22-ounce) package elbow macaroni
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup diced yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (15-ounce) container of your favorite Alfredo sauce
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup blue cheese dressing
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 1/2 teaspoons sweet smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2-1 teaspoon white pepper, to taste
- 1 pound bacon, cooked and chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Crushed garlic croutons for topping
Cook pasta according to package directions.
Meanwhile, heat oil in a 6-8 quart saucepan or Dutch oven. Add onion and cook for 5 minutes, or until soft but not brown.
Add garlic and cook for 2 more minutes.
Add Alfredo sauce, milk and dressing; cook until just simmering.
Slowly add cheese a little at a time, letting it melt.
Add paprika, cayenne and white pepper.
Mix in bacon and add salt and pepper to taste.
Drain pasta and add to cheese sauce. Stir to combine and adjust seasoning as needed.
Serve with crushed croutons on top.