- 1 teaspoon minced ginger root
- 1 teaspoon Asian chili sauce, or dried red chili flakes
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup chunky-style peanut butter
- 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut milk, or as needed
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro, optional
Simmer all ingredients in a heavy saucepan until richly flavored, about 10 minutes.
Sauce should be thick but pourable. Thin with additional coconut milk if needed.
Correct seasoning, adding fish sauce, lime juice or sugar to taste.