- Vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 large onions, diced
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup of your favorite beer
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 (28-ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- 2 (28-ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
- 3 (15-ounce) cans kidney beans
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 2-3 tablespoons mild chili powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cumin
- 1/4 cup diced jalapeno peppers (for less heat, remove seeds and ribs)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Heat a large heavy-bottomed soup pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat and lightly coat with oil. Add onions and ground beef.
Stir occasionally until browned, breaking up meat as it cooks.
Add beer. Bring to a boil for about 1 minute.
Add remaining ingredients. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 2-3 hours.
Serve with your favorite toppings.