- 1/4 cup wakame (dried seaweed)
- 6 cups dashi broth (Asian department)
- 4 cups Asian mushrooms - shiitake, Eryngii, Maitake (very thinly sliced) and/or Bunashimeji, Bunapi, enoki (separated and halved lengthwise if large)
- 1/2 pound fried tofu, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup white miso paste
- 1/3 cup very thinly sliced green onion
- Soy sauce
In heatproof bowl, cover wakame by about an inch with boiling water. Set aside for 15 minutes, or until tender. Drain well. Combine dashi broth, wakame, mushrooms and tofu in a soup pot. Bring to a simmer and cook for 2-3 minutes (do not boil).
Ladle about 1/2 cup broth into a bowl, add miso paste and whisk to combine. Remove soup from heat and stir miso/broth mixture back into soup, along with onion. Reheat gently if necessary.
Season to taste with soy sauce and serve immediately.