- 6 strips bacon
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 pound kielbasa (4 links), or your favorite sausage
- 1 (15-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 (15-ounce) cans white beans, drained
- 4 cups kale, thinly sliced
In a Dutch oven, cook bacon until crisp then remove from pan leaving bacon fat. Add onion, garlic and carrots; sauté 5 minutes. Nestle kielbasa links into pan and cook until browned on all sides. Add tomatoes, broth and beans; simmer 30 minutes. While stew simmers, crumble bacon.
Remove kielbasa from pan. Halve lengthwise and thinly slice; return to pan. Stir in kale. Top with bacon bits to serve.