- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cups chopped Roma tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cashew or almond butter
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs, cut into 1-inch cubes
Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet over medium heat and fry onions until transparent.
Add tomatoes, ginger, garlic and spices; sauté 3 minutes.
Add nut butter and stir until thoroughly blended.
Add chicken and simmer until fully cooked, about 10 minutes.
Add remaining butter, stir and remove from heat. Serve hot with naan bread and cooked rice.