- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 cup diced red pepper
- 2 cups chopped bok choy
- 6 tablespoons Thai red chili paste, or to taste
- 3 stalks lemongrass, thick bottom half only
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 (15 ounce) cans coconut milk (light is OK)
- 5 kaffir lime leaves, or 2 1-inch pieces lime peel
- 2 (8 ounce) cans bamboo shoots, drained
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Rice to serve
Remove dry outer portion of lemongrass stalks, then smash with the side of a knife.
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
Add red pepper to saucepan and cook for 5 minutes. Add bok choy and cook for 3 minutes. Add chili paste, smashed lemongrass, fish sauce, coconut milk and lime leaves. Bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add bamboo shoots and shrimp cook for 3 minutes more, or until shrimp is done. Remove lime leaves and lemongrass. Serve over rice.