- 1 pound firm tofu
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 2 cups vegetable or peanut oil
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- Hot chili oil to taste
Pat tofu dry. Cut into bite-sized pieces and coat with cornstarch.
Heat oil to 350°F.
Add 5-6 pieces of tofu (any more may lower oil temperature).
Fry until golden, about 5 minutes.
Drain on paper towels.
Combine peanut sauce ingredients in a blender.
Check seasoning and adjust to taste.
Arrange tofu on a platter with a bowl of peanut sauce.