- 3 1/2-4 pounds pork butt or chicken thighs, cut into bite-size pieces
- 3/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup soy sauce or tamari
- 1 cup water
- 3 bay leaves
- 6 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons whole black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Combine all ingredients in a large pot and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce to a simmer for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, or until falling-apart tender. Serve over steamed white rice.
This recipe also works well in a slow cooker. Combine all ingredients in the slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours.