- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1-2 teaspoons harissa
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup currants
- 1 (15-ounce can) chickpeas, drained
- 1/2 cup toasted almonds, coarsely chopped
Heat oil in a medium-sized sauté pan over medium heat.
Add onion and cook for about 5 minutes or until tender. Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
Add chicken and cook until browned, about 8 minutes. Add wine to deglaze pan, stirring to clean bottom of pan. Reduce wine by half.
Add harissa, honey, cumin, cinnamon, salt and currants. Cook for 2 minutes. Stir in chickpeas and cook for 2-4 minutes to heat through.
Check seasoning, top with almonds and serve over couscous.