- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (14-oz.) can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup freshly cooked white rice
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Lime wedges
Bring chicken broth, coconut milk, curry powder and jalapeño to a simmer in heavy, medium saucepan.
Add chicken and simmer until cooked through, about 10 minutes.
Mix in lime juice. Season with salt and pepper.
Ladle soup over rice in individual bowls and garnish with green onion and cilantro.
Serve with lime wedges.