Pour Your Heart Out
Winter beer, deep full reds and sparkling wines take center stage this month as we gather for holiday celebrations with friends and family. Our Beer & Wine managers offer their recommendations for what’s great in their shops in December:
- Tikves Barovo from the Republic of Macedonia (Central Market Poulsbo)
- Un-oaked classic varietals from Washington (Central Market Shoreline)
- Hibernation Ale by Great Divide Brewing (Central Market Mill Creek)
- A full-bodied, bone-dry Lambrusco (Ballard Market)
- Massayah Red Blend out of Lebanon (Town & Cou
As the holidays approach and you start shopping for those epic meals, you’ll no doubt notice we’re starting to stock up on wines for the holidays.
We’ve selected dozens of wines that will pair perfectly with Thanksgiving meals – and for all those other festive meals that are created this time of year. One wine style that most of us think of when considering a festive occasion – or any celebration – is sparkling wine. Whether it is Champagne or Cremant from France, or Moscato or Prosecco from Italy ,or just any sparkling wine from anywhere, we’ve got what you’re looking...
This is the month we take special care to give thanks. Our Beer & Wine managers have plenty to appreciate – especially the gems they are choosing for November recommendations:
- Gamays from the Southeast Wine Collective Urban Wineries in Portland (Ballard Market)
- Barinas Robles Monastrell 2010 (Mill Creek)
- Piaugier Sablet 2012 (Shoreline)
- Crew Wine Company Matchbook Tempranillo 2011 (Poulsbo)
- Ott ‘Am Berg’ Gruner Veltliner 2012 (Bainbridge Island)
Town & Country Market, Bainbridge Island
Time flies when it comes to seasonal favorites in the beer world. Pumpkin beer, for instance. Now on promotion in our Beer & Wine shops, they’ll be spirited away before the end of the month.
Time just flies. At a recent meeting, we were asked to introduce ourselves and say how many years we had worked for Town & Country Markets. For me, it’s been nearly 22 years, which got me to pondering the state of the beverage business “back in the day.”
I’ll always remember the promotions. My first wine sale included taking over the lobby of the store – filling it full of bi
It’s downright scary how interesting things get in the beer, wine and spirit world in October! According to the Beer & Wine managers at our Markets, the season has plenty to offer, such as:
- Fort George Brewing’s newest fresh-hop IPA (Mill Creek)
- Petit Verdot from Hence Cellars of Walla Walla (Shoreline)
- Hop Valley Brewing’s Alphadelic IPA (Poulsbo)
- The Boxer Shiraz by Mollydooker (Bainbridge Island)
- Otto Soave Classico by Azienda Agricola Prá (Ballard Market)
You may have noticed that throughout the year, we occasionally feature regions or varietals in our Beer & Wine Shops that may be new or emerging. Because let’s face it, we humans get bored with the same old thing and occasionally want to be inspired by something new.
But sometimes inspiration can come from something familiar. That’s how we feel about wines from Italy and why each year, we visit these wines to take a closer look. So don’t be surprised to see pyramids and displays throughout September featuring these diverse and appreciated wines.
Italian wines consi...
What is there to consider in September aside from decreasing daylight and temperatures? Well, according to our Beer & Wine managers, there is plenty to consider, and sip. Such as:
- In Ballard, an Italian rose will help you hold on to summer a while longer
- In Mill Creek, the season’s first fresh-hop beer is here – and it’s delicious!
- In Shoreline, a Seattle distillery showcases locally sourced ingredients
- In Poulsbo, a Napa Valley winery surprises with its 2012 Pinot Noir
- On Bainbridge, cultures cozy up perfectly in a Bordeaux blend out o
What’s on the minds of our Beer & Wine Managers this month?
A Montana beer is a Ballard favorite; a French Sauvignon Blanc is a bottle of sunshine for T&C on Bainbridge; a Veneto-region Prosecco impresses in Poulsbo; two wines from Pierre Andre get the nod in Shoreline; and a Malbec out of southern France wins hearts in Mill Creek. Read why …
Montucky Cold Snacks. $5.99 in August
What’s on the minds of our Wine Managers for July? A New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc built for summer; a slightly effervescent Vinho Verde from Portugal; a food-friendly dry Riesling from the Yakima Valley; a limited-release IPA; and an Italian red that’s so good, you wouldn’t mind being stuck on a desert island if you had a cellar full of that!
Town & Country Market, Bainbridge Island
Momo Sauvignon Blanc – 2012 -$13.99
March and April are “shoulder” months for most of the country – those interim months that precede the heat of the summer. But for us in the Pacific Northwest, June is the shoulder month. We can have some brilliant warm weather or it can be pouring down rain. Either way, most of us are itching to get out and enjoy the outdoors, or at least get out as far as the deck or patio. So we’re featuring wines all this month that go great with food cooked on the grill.
One of the wines we hope you’ll try is Gerard Bertrand Picpoul de Pinet. It’s the only white wine in the promotion....