- 1 cup whole milk ricotta
- 1/2 cup mascarpone
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- Pinch cinnamon
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped pistachios
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or chopped semi-sweet chocolate
- 4 cannoli shells, broken into pieces (or substitute vanilla cookies)
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups fresh berries
Place ricotta in a food processor and process until smooth.
Add mascarpone and pulse until well combined. Transfer to a bowl.
Stir in zest, cinnamon and powdered sugar, then fold in pistachios and chocolate chips.
Divide between dessert dishes, layering with pieces of cannoli shell and fresh berries.
Garnish with fresh berries.
For a romantic picnic dessert, pack the cream and berries in cups and use the broken shell pieces as edible spoons!