- 2 cups steamed and cooled broccoli florets (or frozen, thawed)
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar, Jack, Swiss
- or mozzarella cheese
- 2/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Heat oven to 375°F.
Finely chop broccoli florets. Combine remaining ingredients in a large bowl and then add broccoli and mix well. Refrigerate 20 minutes to allow mixture to set up.
Form into small tater-tot-shaped pieces and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
Bake about 8-9 minutes, turn over and bake another 8-9 minutes or until golden-brown.
Serve hot with your favorite condiments.
Also delicious made with cauliflower in place of the broccoli.