- 6 6-ounce cod fillets (black, ling or true)
- 1/3 cup white miso
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons mirin (Japanese rice wine)
- White and black sesame seeds, lightly toasted
- 3 green onions, sliced diagonally
Arrange cod fillets in a single layer in a shallow pan. In a small bowl, combine miso, sugar, oil and mirin, and mix well. Brush both sides of fillets with half of glaze mixture and let marinate for at least 1/2 hour or up to 1 hour. In the meantime, heat broiler on high.
Place fillets on broiler pan; broil until browned and glaze has caramelized.
Remove fish from oven and pour over remaining glaze. Turn oven to bake at 375°F and bake 5-7 minutes.
Fish should be moist and flaky. Garnish with sesame seeds and green onions.
Serve with steamed white rice and cucumber pickles.