- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon Thai red curry paste
- 1 pound top sirloin, thinly sliced across grain
- 2 cups sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Handful fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- Hot cooked rice or rice noodles to serve
Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
Add curry paste and stir until soft and mixed with oil.
Add beef and stir fry for 2-3 minutes until browned, but still pink in center.
Stir in shiitakes.
Add chicken broth and simmer until beef is cooked and shiitakes are tender, about 5 minutes.
Add edamame and stir until hot.
Add fish sauce, sugar and salt.
Remove from heat and stir in basil and lime zest.
Serve hot with rice or noodles.