- 1 (1.9-oz.) box prepared phyllo cups
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted (plus extra)
- 1/2 cup unsalted mixed nuts (walnuts, pecans, almonds, macadamia, cashews)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 vanilla bean
- 1 whole star anise pod
- 1/8 teaspoon orange extract
Heat oven to 350°F.
Generously butter the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking dish. Place phyllo cups in the baking dish and brush insides with butter.
Combine nuts, cinnamon and allspice in a food processor and pulse until nuts are finely chopped. Fill phyllo cups with nuts.
Combine syrup ingredients in a saucepan and simmer until honey and brown sugar are dissolved. Spoon syrup equally over nuts in the cups and bake 10 minutes. Cool completely before serving.